- 12 May 2021
- Reading time
- 3 minutes
Weight gain or loss is significantly related to what sort of diet a person eats. Someone who binges on junk food while nestled comfortably on a couch, watching tv or playing video games will soon discover how it is an unhealthy choice. Read more on company reviews about diet & health.
Your choice of food and how frequently you eat them determines how much weight you will either gain or lose. People usually tend to think that generally eating healthy and balanced meals is all they require for well-being. But healthy eating isn’t a sure bet for a physically healthy body.
Not Losing Weight?
Most people complain about not losing weight. The question that comes naturally from maybe their doctor, fitness coach or another person is, “What are you eating?” Because there is a relationship between what you eat and your weight.
Why Am I Not Losing Weight When I Exercise And Diet?
You can wonder, “Why am I not losing weight when I exercise and diet?” Below are some probable answers to such an inquisition.
1. Did you choose the right diet plan based on your body, health challenges, and weight loss goals?
2. Are you sticking diligently to the weight loss plan?
3. Are you doing the right exercises? Are you holding those dumbbells well and squeezing your butt muscles when doing those squats as prescribed by your fitness instructor (if any)?
4. Do you eat what you shouldn’t eat during the program or take the recommended supplements in the right quantity? This can undermine your goal of losing weight. Though you can’t rule it out, you can control or minimize the frequency.
5. If you don’t have a regimented weight loss plan, are you eating junk, and think exercising will help? Or you eat junk and don’t exercise at all? That’s double jeopardy!
These are just some questions that could provide you with the answers to, “why am I not losing weight?” Even with the right diet and exercise routine, you could still add weight.
How To Lose Weight Well
How to lose weight well depends on many factors such as
1. What is your reason for wanting to lose weight? It should be personal and not about a fascination with the new or popular diet plan in town. Your reason must be genuine. Are there health challenges that are becoming serious? Like obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.
2. Have you chosen the right weight loss program? Not choosing the suitable program will cause frustration, and you will end up asking yourself, “why am I not losing weight?” Ensure you use resources at your disposal to research and choose the right one that best suits your weight loss challenge.
3. Drink water a lot, especially after an exercise session and during meals.
4. Exercise more to burn off calories and keep the weight off.
5. Stick to your weight loss plan and follow it religiously. Don’t mix plans. Stick to one.
6. Eat fibre. Fibre keeps you full for a longer period and reduces cravings. You can get fibre from some fruits, wheat, oats, brown rice and more.
7. Reduce or eliminate junk because it’s the major culprit for weight gain. Sodas, burgers, and fries are in this category.
8. Shop carefully. Read the labels on food products before you purchase them. Watch out for foods that look healthy on the outside but the inside is jam packed with high calories. Some food companies like Idealshape (read Idealshape reviews) and Boombod (read reviews of Boombod) provide an array of dietary supplements, drinks and accessories that cater to people’s fitness needs.
9. Reduce your plate size. Yes, it works! By using a smaller plate to eat constantly, you are conditioning your brain to send feedback to your stomach that the food on the plate is enough. It’s a smart way to do portion control.
10. Condition your mind to the program because the success of anything first begins in the mind. It’s the mental training that you engage in as you do your exercises, eat your meals, knock off cravings and discouragement. Keep telling yourself that you will lose weight no matter your size or how long it will take. You can go a step further to get support from family, friends or someone that will constantly encourage you.
Gaining weight is easier than losing it. You need determination, time, money and the right mental strength to do so. Knowing the why, what and how of the process will guarantee how well and quickly you will lose weight. Above all, what you eat determines to a large extent why you are gaining weight.